VidAngel sued ClearPlay, apparently in order to contest a number of US Patent Trademark Office granted patents. This link contains the updates on the Docket. Court Case Number: 2:14-cv-00160-DN. This is a snippet of the filing
1 COMPLAINT FOR DECLARATORY JUDGMENT OF PATENT NON-INFRINGEMENT AND INVALIDITY
Plaintiff VidAngel LLC (“VidAngel”) hereby pleads the following claims for Declaratory Judgment against Defendants ClearPlay Inc. (“ClearPlay”) and DOES 1 through 10, and alleges as follows:
NATURE OF THE ACTION
1. This action is based on the patent laws of the United States, Title 35 of the United States Code. Based on VidAngel’s anticipated launch of its filtering software for streaming video, ClearPlay has alleged infringement of U.S. Patent Nos. 6,898,799 (“the ‘799 patent”), 6,889,383 (“the ‘383 patent”), 7,526,784 (“the ‘784 patent”), 7,543,318 (“the ‘318 patent”), 7,577,970 (“the ‘970 patent”), 7,975,021 (“the ‘021 patent”), and 8,117,282 (“the ‘282 patent”) (collectively, the “Patents-in-Suit”) and told VidAngel that it intends to “stop” VidAngel’s commercial activities. VidAngel contends that it does not infringe any validly issued Patents-in-Suit.
2. As a result, this action involves an actual case or controversy concerning the Patents-in-Suit. VidAngel thus seeks a declaration that it does not infringe the Patents-in-Suit and that the Patents-in-Suit are invalid.
3. Plaintiff VidAngel is a Utah limited liability company with its principal place of business at 1154 Holly Circle, Provo, Utah 84604. VidAngel provides products and services related to a cloud-based software solution for filtering streaming video.
4. On information and belief, Defendant ClearPlay is a corporation organized under the laws of the State of Delaware.
5. The true names or capacities of defendants named herein as DOES 1 through 10 are presently unknown to Plaintiff. Therefore, Plaintiff sues said defendants by such fictitious names, and will amend this Complaint to show their true names and capacities when the same has been ascertained. Plaintiff is informed…